i am niagra falls

I've been lounging around the apartment all day, waiting for a call from the guy who is supposedly coming out to fix our a/c. It's hot. I'm damp. This day is less than stellar.

Apparently Amber has some connection, because she got us tickets to the sold out Death Cab for Cutie show at Millennium Park, on the day of the show no less. It was a pretty awesome concert. Maybe it was the 7 or so beers (they had Sierra Nevada on tap! OUTSIDE!!!), or maybe it was the company, but I had a really good time. Despite what some people have been saying about their new album, dcfc is still a rockin band, and put on a good show, even though I couldn't actually see them...

Had band practice yesterday, and the practice space doesn't have a/c either, or windows that you can open... or any air circulation at all. I don't know if I have ever sweat that much in my entire life. And yet, it was a really good practice. I'm excited to have Mike playing in the band, and I hope it becomes a permanent thing. We've talked about making music for years now, and it's good to see that finally happening.

On a similar note, we (The Uncontrollable Few) are playing at Silvie's tomorrow night, Sunday June 8th. It's a shitting website, but it's a really cool bar. So come on out!! I wish I could tell you what time we're playing, but the band who put the show together has been less than helpful with that. Show starts at 9ish though.

And now, the train of thought portion. Love is a strange thing. It can develop without intention, and certainly in places it shouldn't. And then you're left trying to figure out how to eliminate anything romantic from a relationship so you don't fuck up a friendship. This really works against me, seeing as I'm used to disregarding the situation and just going for what my 'heart' wants. Well now my heart wants something my head knows I can't have. Which of course makes me want it more. So you can see my struggle. A work in progress. An apt phrase. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. Maybe I'll write a song about it.

I need a beer.

1 comments:

Megg said...

Great, now I know Mike's blog and am obligated to spy on him all the time. I'm sure he's thanking you right now for ruining his life.