In some life, somewhere...

I've spent the last two hours writing this drum part in Garageband for a song of mine. It's done now, and I really like it. Now I just need to get the guitar and vocals down, then lay down the bass track, then some auxiliary ones, and I'll be all set. Sometimes I forget how much I love writing music.

I emailed Justin the other day to talk to him about getting me some studio time to properly record an album. I have 9 songs I'd like to put on there, so it'll probably take a couple weekends, but I can handle that. I'll probably try and get in there later in July, see if I can't work out some more rough mixes here on my own so I know exactly what I want when I go in there.

I've gotten some encouragement recently to really focus on making my own music. It's funny, because they've never heard any of my music, and yet seem fairly insistent that I work on it more. I'm not really sure I understand why, but I can hope it's because they just care about what I'm passionate about.

The Uncontrollable Few has a nice little month ahead of them as far as shows go. July 2nd at the Bottom Lounge, July 11th at Lily's (still getting final confirmation), and July 23rd at The Eblo Room. We're also playing a b-day party, which is lame. And I know you read this Megg, and I think it's lame. Suck it.

I was in rare form today. So much to say, and all that would come out was jumbled words and nonsense. I find myself wanting to do the every day things with you, just have you be there as part of my life. Going to the store? wish you were there. Wake up? wish you were there. Get home from work? Wish you were there. See a trend? I miss you and you're right there. But it has to be like that. I know you've got more going on than I can probably comprehend.


Got Broken Social Scene tickets today. I'm really pumped about that show. I've been listening to a slightly different scope of music these days. Or more so, I've just expanded my tastes. Broken Social Scene, The M's, The Wrens, The Swell Season, The Frames, Metric, LCD Soundsystem, Wolf Parade. To rattle off a few and give myself some serious indie cred... But anyway, really excited for that show. It's not till August 2nd, and that does make me a bit nervous. Fingers crossed man, that's it.

1 comments:

Megg said...

If we weren't getting paid, there'd be no way in hell we'd play that birthday party. Do you think I want to come all the way out to Westmont with our gear? Hell no.
But we made fricken $15 at that last Silvie's show, so this will make up for it.
You suck it. :P