The Massive Update

I know, I know, it's been way too long since I've written anything of substance in here. No one really cares about the yellow pages, or how much i dislike people who misspell my name (alot, for the record).

So here are some of the things you've been missing out on, if I never talk to you.

On the musical front, there's been some sh*t goin down! I left The Uncontrollable Few. They are great guys (and gal) and I enjoyed playing with them, but our musical paths were not leading us in the same direction and I felt it was better to just cut loose than to try and force change. It is Megg and Charlie's baby anyway, so better for them to find a drummer who can be content just playing their songs.

I joined a new band, Catch A Tiger. It's a six piece band that mashes together dance-rock, indie pop, and carnival waltzes. Pretty fun stuff. We've got our first show coming up this Friday at The Elbo Room, so if you're in the area, cover is $9 and we play at 10:30.

I've also finished up recording an EP of my solo stuff, which I have done under the moniker Dark Bunny (an anagram of my name). You can check out a few songs there, and I think I'm going to figure out how to make a torrent and get that up for people to download if they're interested. I love constructive feedback (or over-the-top praise...) so check it out and let me know what you think!

Nathan moved in around the beginning of July, and it's been pretty cool living with him. Steve now lives next door with our 4th room mate, Dan. We have dubbed our dual appartment complex as Castle Katssen Schlogen (or simply "The Castle"). We've thrown a very successful housewarming party, and it's pretty fun to just hang with everyone.

Yesterday, Steve, Nathan and I went up to the Bristol Renaissance Fair. It certainly was much more grand and fantastical in my memories (and last year it was just really really wet). The turkey leg was lackluster and the falconer was clearly from New York, but it was still a fun adventure.

We also stopped by Mar's Cheese Castle and got some cheese curds (of which I ate way too many) and two loaves of cheddar cheese bread at Amber's instance (of which I have also eaten way too much). The mini-roadtrip aspect of the whole thing was the best part. Windows down, music up, dancing like maniacs on 94. Good times.

I suppose the last big thing I can update is on the love life front. I know it's been a bit shrouded in secrecy and vague little stream-of-consciousness posts on here for a while. But it was all with good reason, and still is. If you haven't met her, you will. She's the most incredible woman I've ever met. She's my best friend, and I'm crazy in love. It's quite the feeling. She's also far away for a few more days, and I miss her. But no need to get all sappy.

Now, I'm gonna go spend the entire day doing laundry, cleaning dishes, vacuuming, and probably playing Tiger Woods 09. I am a PGA champion!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Katzenschlagen you buffoon!

Megg said...

Please never say "Megg and Charlie's baby" ever, ever again. AH!


:P