Finally Living Up To Its Name

I think grad school should be called "Harder than those other schools you were in before school" because that would be more accurate. Though, I suppose Grad School is accurate...

Either way, I have now had oen of each of my classes for this term: CSC 425 and CSC 436. See those 4's? That means "Hard". Don't worry, I get to take some with 5's later.

CSC 425 is gonna be really fun. It's a 3D modeling class, but there's no point-and-click interfact, like in Paint, where you click the circle button, then draw a circle. Nope, it's all done in a scripting language, which is kind of like computer coding, but a little different. I won't get into it. Either way, the prof (who is really cool, and interesting, and into it) showed us some stuff some people in the class have created in the past, and they look amazing, and I'll be posting stuff I make on this blog.

The other class is gonna suck ass. It's all 3D vector math, understanding exactly how the computer draws all the stuff you tell it to. I don't like math that much anymore...at least not when it's taught by a monotonous overweight guy who starts every sentence with "So...". Ugh. That class is gonna really take some work.

That's all for now... I need to watch some Flight of the Conchords to unwind.

0 comments: