They Say Smell Can Conjure Memories

I'm sitting here at work, tying not to be incredibly bored. Today was one of those days that I have to pretend I'm not a web developer and am instead the office admin. (I don't like these days). I've been creating invoices all day, and next i'm going to fill out stupid paper work for a mail in rebate on a new computer. Fun stuff.

So to bring a little sunshine into this overcast admin day, I grabbed a fun size bag of skittles, opened them up and arranged them like so. The smell of skittles hit me and instantly my brain shot back to wandering the halls of Crystal Lake South High School. My dad used to be a Dean there, and sometimes he would supervise basketball games. I would tag along and wander around as a 6th grader staring into the world of the awesome high schoolers. Apparently, the smell of skittles from the concession stand evokes that memory. Crazy.

0 comments: